This year’s St. Bernadette Parish Elementary Religious Education (RE) program is open to all Parish students grades First through Fifth. Our RE program is designed to offer children and their parents an opportunity to develop a strong Catholic family where children learn the truths of the Catholic faith and ways to deepen their relationship with Jesus in a supportive faith-filled and prayerful environment.
Against the backdrop of salvation history and grounded in Catholic doctrine, students will learn about the Sacraments, morality, social teaching, and the Church’s life and mission. Our program is augmented with opportunities for interactive learning including videos, games, discussion questions, reflections, family activity sheets and online links to information and support materials that can be used by catechists and parents.
- Parent will be registered members of St. Bernadette Parish.
- Families will attend Sunday (Saturday Vigil) mass each weekend.
- Parents will attend monthly family/parent formation meetings.
- Parents will ensure that children attend class on a regular basis.
- Parents will drop off and pick up children on time and in a manner that is respectful of the other children, catechists and classroom aides.
- All children being considered for the sacraments of First Reconciliation, Confirmation and/or First Eucharist will have completed at least one year of catechetical instruction prior to entering the sacramental preparation process.
- Children eligible for First Reconciliation and their parents will participate in the sacrament specific sessions prior to the reception of the sacrament.
- Children eligible to receive the sacraments of Confirmation and/or First Eucharist will participate in the sacramental preparation process.
- Children preparing to receive sacrament will participate in an individual interview in order to determine if the child has an adequate understanding of the sacrament and gives their free response to accepting the grace of the sacrament.
- Children will be using grade level versions of the Faith & Life A workbook will be given to each child and kept at the Parish during the catechetical year. The book will be sent home with the child at the end of the year.
- Parents will receive a family participation worksheet each week for each enrolled child. These work sheets will include a summary of that week’s session and suggested home activities to support that presentation. Families are expected to use the worksheets for faith-based activities and prayer in their home over the course of the week.
- Parents will attend a monthly Parent Formation session that will conclude with their children joining them in prayer.
$80.00 for one child
$150.00 for two children
$200.00 for three or more children
(Note: there will be an additional free for Sacramental Preparation. These fees will be due at the time of the child’s registration into the preparation process.)
Our goal is for all children in the Parish to have access to this program. Fee reductions and scholarships are available. Please contact the Program Director if you are in need of financial support.
On behalf of the staff and members of the St. Bernadette Catholic Parish, we wish to thank you for choosing our parish for the ongoing formation process for you and your children. As always, we look forward to sharing with you an exciting faith-filled journey towards a deep and personal relationship with Christ and His Church.
Send me a message!